Title II of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) provides the legislative authority for all federally funded adult education programs. Unless you are deeply involved in implementing WIOA at the state level, or are responsible for WIOA-funded programming or technical assistance, the pile of regulations that have been developed for WIOA are likely of limited interest, but I thought it was worth noting that the U.S. departments of Education and Labor have announced today the publication in the Federal Register of the final version of those rules:
- WIOA: Joint Rule for Unified and Combined State Plans, Performance Accountability, and the One-Stop System Joint Provisions – Final Rule (Effective Date: October 18, 2016)
- State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program; State Supported Employment Services Program; Limitations on Use of Subminimum Wage – Final Rule (Effective Date: September 19, 2016, with the exception of 34 CFR 361.10; 34 CFR 361.23; 34 CFR 361.40; and subparts D, E, and F of part 361, which become effective October 18, 2016)
- WIOA: Miscellaneous Program Changes – Final Rule (Effective Date: September 19, 2016, with the exception that the removal of part 388 becomes effective October 1, 2016)
- Programs and Activities Authorized by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (Title II of WIOA) – Final Rule (Effective Date: September 19, 2016, with the exception of subparts H, I, and J of part 463, which become effective October 18, 2016)
- WIOA: Department of Labor-Only – Final Rule (Effective Date: October 18, 2016)
All of the final rules, along with several guidance documents, are available at the www.ed.gov/AEFLA.